TENNESSEE > TORONTO
- Completed in 1976, the name "CN" originally referred to Canadian National, the railway company that built the tower.
- At 553m tall, the CN Tower held the record for the world's tallest free-standing structure for 32 years until 2007 when it was surpassed by the Burj Khalifa and was the world's tallest tower until 2009 when it was surpassed by the Canton Tower.
- In 1995, the CN Tower was declared one of the modern Seven Wonders of the World by the American Society of Civil Engineers.
- It attracts more than two million international visitors annually.
- The CN Tower tower is located in Downtown Toronto. Established by the British in 1793 and formerly called York, it was renamed Toronto in 1834 and is now recognised as one of the most multicultural and cosmopolitan cities in the world.